Monday, April 23, 2012

Get Rid of that Huge Pimple Overnight

As someone who suffered from years of acne, I personally know how horrifying it is to wake up with a HUGE zit in a really obvious place. I've tried all sorts of treatments: anti-biotics, face washes, acne treatments...but I never found a solution that would take care of a HUGE pimple overnight until a friend of mine was faced with an issue that she turned to my mother, a nurse, for advice.

My friend woke up with an enflamed, irritated, GIGANTIC, red pimple on her nose the day before prom. She was a sophomore in high school and had been asked to the senior prom by a hot senior boy. She had covered the pimple up with makeup but NOTHING was going to cover that "thing" up. We went home to try and find something amongst all of my skin care products that might help to reduce the swelling and fight against that "monster," but I truly didn't believe anything was going to work within one day.


We thought of our options:
Popping the pimple can make it become even more enflamed, it can lead to scarring or scabbing, and it even can transfer more bacteria into the open wound causing it to backfire and become even worse.


Most skin-care creams and washes take days before you can see any results, if you see any at all. Plus, you never know how your skin is going to react to certain ingredients in these skin-care products. 


Stumped on how to get "Godzilla" off of my friends nose, my mother walked in with a bottle of "Listerine Mouth Wash." She said pour some of this onto a washcloth and wash your face with it. It seemed idiotic but we trusted her. We left the Listerine on the surface for about 10 minutes before washing it off. My friend said she felt something tingling in her pores. My mother told her to wash it again the same way before bed time and in the morning. She also recommended her to leave toothpaste on the pimple overnight. Using dental products to get rid of acne sounded bizarre, but the results just blew our minds away.

The next morning my friend showed up to school with no makeup on. The pimple was GONE. This huge mass that had planted itself on her nose had vanished overnight. She said she had followed the exact instructions my mother had given her. My friend looked amazing at prom that year.

So, why did the Listerine treatment work?
Listerine has bacteria-fighting agents that help to fight against the causes of bad breath. These bacteria-fighting agents also help fight against the bacteria on your skin that causes acne. Listerine and toothpaste also help act as an astringent, which is great when trying to get rid of a pimple. But...
CAUTION: DO NOT USE ANY OTHER FLAVOR OF LISTERINE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL. OTHER FLAVORS MAY CONTAIN INGREDIENTS THAT CAN, IN FACT, MAKE THE IRRITATION WORSE, CAUSING THE PIMPLE TO SWELL EVEN MORE


I bet you would've never thought a mouthwash could make a pimple disappear.
But, SHHH...IT'S A SECRET!

30 comments:

  1. I've been looking for some nice blogs lately and this one just caught my eyes. Have a good day ahead. Such interesting content you have. marlboro filter plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting… Well, it’s true that acne is mainly caused by the proliferation of bacteria in the pores. That’s why antibacterial meds are one of the best treatments for acne. Listerine works that way, but I never knew that it was strong enough for acne. This is definitely a must-try for those who have been searching for alternatives to get rid of their acne for good!

    Francis Powers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed that Listerine can also be used to flatten pimple. Idea is no time taking and worth. Happy to know about this.

    buy sports shoes online
    buy slippers online

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds Interesting. I haven't any idea that Listerine can be also used as pimple destroyer.
    This post is very informative; I have got my article sites. Looking forward to read other blogs like this. Thanks a lot.
    Home decor accessories
    House decor

    ReplyDelete
  5. its a really working process..i tried it...nd it took one nd a half day..thnq soo much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day! I would like to ask if it is okay to use this if I were using a product before that has salicylic acid in it?

    And do you have any tips for oily face? thank you so much and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting. I know about the Toothpaste but if Listerine can do the same job even better. A try is worth it :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some, there is a sort of pathological addiction to squeezing and popping pimples. They will see the pimples on their skin and have to pop them. Doing so may alleviate stress which can be a major motivating factor in the actions they take.
    Some might even run their hands across their skin looking for hidden pimples to pop and squeeze. This all may be related to an anxiety disorder which is being left untreated. While a slight amount of anxiety may be revealed from such actions, the scars created will remain on the skin and could remain there for quite some time.
    This can create a vicious cycle or further anxiety because now one has to contend with the visually displeasing presence of these annoying scars. desiring healthcareguru.net site

    ReplyDelete
  9. It worked on me., tried it last night and there is a HUGE difference although it's still there and red.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Attention: Acne Sufferers...
    "Download Your FREE Guide And Discover 50 Ways To Acne treatment Treat Acne Using Only Natural Remedies..."
    About Time You Got Rid of Your Acne?
    Inside this guide, you'll discover:
    - 50 ways to treat acne using natural remedies.
    - The benefits of treating acne using natural remedies.
    Natural acne remedies to treat acne scarring.
    - The side effects of popular acne medicines , natural acne treatment, natural acne remedies, remedies for acne and acne treatment.
    + much, much more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. does this work ????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well gotta try dis one......sounds a bit intersting dat a listerine is gud at getting rid of pimples

    ReplyDelete
  13. please someone tell me does this really work i have already sacrificed too much with other so called remedies

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have 3 or 4 pimples on my face and i am about to go to my grandma's if she sees it trust me she will literately take a pin and pop it and i don't want that to happen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been suffering from acne around my nose for years, and it comes on and off. My skin is very sensitive, and whenever I try beauty products in a store I come away with something bad. I started using the Citrus Clear products - and I was so impressed. I use Citrus Clear Wash twice everyday, and it is helping clear out the acne. I love that its all natural too. . .Yes it is drying, but there are moisturizes that cure that

    ReplyDelete
  16. Skin Plus Clinic is one of Delhi's trustworthy clinic once it involves effective acne scar treatment. realize the proper treatment for your Find the right treatment for your Acne Scar Treatment Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Does this work ? My graduation pictures are in 2 weeks and I don't want this pimple on my nose to be there. Please someone reply.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im going to.try this tonight!! I will let you guys know about it tomorrow hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  19. does it have to be the original listerine?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had tried a lot of methods to rid myself of my crippling acne. This program worked. My acne had cleared up and very quickly, I might add. My skin is now remarkably clear. Not a day goes by where I don’t thank the lord that I found this powerful solution. It really works, I will recommend anyone who wishes to stop suffering and do something about his acne to order your program. It was the wisest decision I have ever made about myself. See this free presentation and it’s reveals a somewhat unusual tip to eliminate your acne forever and gain beautiful clear skin in 30-60 days. End the breakouts & see results in less than 7 days!

    Natural Acne Scar Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am going to try Listerine for sure. Im getting more pimples in my forehead recently. My sister uses pimple free with Dalacin C.It works too. Vit C and Vit a helps in healing and eliminating pimples too

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually used the Blue mouthwash and it did not swell. It really helped! (I normally wouldn't use this but I couldn't find any original mouthwash and I was desperate!) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Try this guide, it'll helps you. it worked for my girl friend, More at


    Fast Acne Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know very well the ice does work. and the toothpaste does work but I don't know about the lemon juice for helping the get rid of acne scars.

    here is also very nice tips to get rid of acne scars:
    http://virtualclinic365.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/how-to-get-rid-of-acne-scars-overnight.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know very well the ice does work. and the toothpaste does work but I don't know about the lemon juice for helping the get rid of acne scars

    ReplyDelete